Wednesday, August 27, 2008

War and Business

For the soldiers, their business is war. Every time their is war, they are given the chance to prove themselves, thus a chance for a promotion. So for them it is good to have war. Well, in the first place, what they are here for.

In reality though, the business of war is not coherent with the business environment. In Mindanao where I am based, investment comes a trickle because of the age old conflict between the moros and the government. The businessmans pragmatism dictates that it is never wise to invest in war torn areas. And in the broader spectrum, any conflict, affects the investment potential of any country.

War affects everybody. And my daily, or shall I say, minute by minute, attention to what is happening in my community affects even my blogging. Natural instict dictates that blogging should never come ahead of self preservation. After the MILF attack in Kauswagan and Kolambogan, and other parts of Mindanao, we are at hightened alertness day and night. Afraid of the possible attack from the rebels, I never focus on posting in this blog, which is about business and economics. I must admit though, that I have been posting regularly with my other blog that deals with my political and social aspiration, specially about my Mindanao.

Now that I am posting again, this may mean that things are back to normal again. Amidst this war, of struggles for self determination, of struggles from Manila Centric control, there are business enterprises. Today, it is business as usual.

No comments: